For firmware 1.6.0 and above, Livy Protect can also detect the alarm signal of smoke detectors from other manufacturers and send an alarm notification via the Livy App.
The following are requirements for detection:
- Livy Protect is installed and online.
- The third-party smoke detector is certified according to DIN EN 14604
- The third-party smoke detector and Livy Protect are in the same room
- Livy Protect can only be mounted a maximum of 3 - 4 meters away from a third-party smoke detector with either the Desk Stand or Mounting Kit. Make sure there is no large object in the way, such as a cabinet or other piece of furniture, which could distort the sound frequency.
Note: Please place Livy Protect at least 50cm away from the third-party smoke detector. It is a legal requirement that a radius of 50cm around the smoke detector remains free.
Smoke Detector Detection Test
- Press the test button of the smoke alarm after you have successfully installed and placed Livy Protect.
Caution: The alarm signal is extremely loud. If possible, use hearing protection. Also, if possible, let other residents and neighbors know of the testing, so that they do not assume a real alarm is happening.
- Press and hold the test button of the third-party smoke alarm until the Livy Protect LED starts flashing red. A few seconds later, you should receive an alarm message in the Livy app.
Note: Make sure that you do not cover the smoke detector alarm siren opening with your hand and thereby change or alter the sound frequency.
Livy Protect with Desk Stand
Livy Protect with Mounting Kit